Forums

Go Back   Forums > Trading systems, newsletters and coaching

Old 03-17-2009,

Default CWL Quick Trade System Ė is it worth it?

Got a fancy brochure from CWL, promoting the CWL Quick Trade System. I have been thinking about getting into stock trading, if only as a part time hobby, and I want to try a software package like this.

Is this a good system for an amateur trader? Also, what kind of profits have people here been seeing?
Old 03-18-2009,

Itís definitely suitable for an amateur trader. If anything, Iíd say that the quick trade system has been specifically designed for in-experienced traders. And, this is what CWL say about it themselves. Very easy to use.
Old 03-18-2009,

Yeh itís very intuitive and it should suit you perfectly if you are looking for something to do in your spare time.

In terms of profits Ė I think my average is 13ish% (over 43 months). Never made less than 10% in one month.
Old 03-19-2009,

Thanks. Iím retired now, but Iím still very busy with other hobbies and managing other investments. I understand, from CWl, that the quick trade system only takes up a max of 30 mins a day?
Old 03-20-2009,

Thatís right. 15 Ė 30 mins a day. Itís an end-of-day/close-of-market system so you just trade toward the end of the working day.
Old 03-20-2009,

I highly recommend CWL as a company. They put a lot of resources into giving us constant support. I’ve just recently started using the CWL Quick Trade System, but have used their Forex and Commodities systems over the last 5 years.
Old 03-22-2009,

Stock trading is definitely much more fun and interesting than putting all your money into a crappy ISA, which just about keeps up with inflation. I use the CWL Quick Trade System. If the returns it generated were half what they really are, Iíd still be better off, with it, than most other forms of investment. Property investment/development carries such high taxes now, itís just too difficult.
Old 03-22-2009,

For sure, Freddy. I wouldnít say the quick trade system is the most exciting, though, as itís designed to be easy to use (rather than be extremely in-depth).
Have you experience in property development, or any other forms of investment?
Old 03-23-2009,

I havenít a great deal of experience in property, no. I tried it Ė bought one terraced house, re-vamped it, sold it, ended up making a loss after all the taxes.

Other than that (and ISAís), Iíve only experience in stocks.
Old 03-24-2009,

Iím currently in property development, itís not for everyone. But, you can make a good profit. You just need to learn the ropes just like with anything else. Buy at auction, form a relationship with a team of builders/decorators that youíll use on every project. Just like on those property development shows on BBC on weekend mornings.